Promotional Activity General Policies and Frequently Asked Questions
Download this information in printer-friendly .pdf format.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does KU Athletics donate men's basketball tickets?
- The necessary application must be completed in its entirety, a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the requested deadline.
- Completion of a request form in a timely manner, and approval from the Marketing Office, does not guarantee that KU can fulfill the request.
- KU Athletics items will not be donated to other colleges or universities.
- Pursuant to NCAA regulations, items will not be donated to any entity that benefits a high school, high school-aged students, or affiliates of any high school-aged students.
No. Kansas Athletics does not donate tickets to our sporting events.
2. Will KU Athletics donate an autographed item to an entity outside of a state where there is a Big 12 institution?
No. Due to the volume of requests, the Division of Athletics is able to donate items only to charitable entities within the Big 12 region.
3. Can an autographed item be used as an auction or raffle item at a fundraiser?
Yes (with approval from the KU Division of Athletics).
4. Does KU Athletics make autographed items available to individuals?
The KU Division of Athletics provides autographed items to charitable, educational, and some institutional entities. Typically this is limited to organizations, not individuals. However, the item to be autographed needs to be provided by the organization.
5. Will KU Athletics consider a donation for the benefit of a religious organization?
6. Will KU Athletics consider a donation to a for-profit corporate entity?
No. This rule is strictly enforced and governed by the NCAA. KU Athletics is also prohibited from providing any item to a charitable organization/event that is sponsored or cosponsored by a commercial entity.
7. I received an item for a charitable organization last year. Can I receive another item this year?
The KU Division of Athletics will provide a maximum of one autographed item per organization, per year. Receipt of an item in no way guarantees subsequent donations.
8. Will KU student-athletes make personal appearances?
Student-athletes are not permitted to make appearances during their season. The KU Division of Athletics must approve all student-athlete appearances. Even if the University approves the request, there is no guarantee that the student-athlete will be willing and able to fulfill the request.
9. Is KU Athletics able to accept PERSONAL (not an organization) items, such as a T-shirt or ball, to be autographed by members of the team?
Due to the volume and frequency of requests, KU Athletics cannot accept items to be autographed. If the Division of Athletics is able to provide an autographed item, KU will provide it. Any item received by the Division of Athletics will be returned unsigned.
10. Will KU Athletics mail the requested item to the organization?
Yes, provided the organization provides a self-addressed, stamped envelope or appropriate sized parcel to cover the cost of shipping.