Dr. Sheriece Sadberry and her staff provide a strengths-based approach to individual counseling to assist student-athletes in the achievement of personal, educational, and sport goals.
Why make an appointment:
What to expect:
- You are dealing with a personal issue that you would like to talk about in a safe, non-judgmental setting.
- You would like to explore possible solutions to a current challenge or situation.
- You want to become better aware of your personal strengths so that you may use those strengths to succeed in your life.
Issues may include, but are not limited to:
- Counseling services are completely confidential.
- Sessions typically last 50 minutes.
- Sessions typically occur once per week (more or less frequent when appropriate).
- Appointment times are flexible.
- Services are free of charge to KU student-athletes.
- Athletic Performance
- Academic Performance
- Stress Management
- Body Image Issues
- Eating Disorders
- Alcohol or Drug Use
- Career Development
- Relationship Problems
Performance enhancement training teaches student-athletes how to monitor and control various psychological characteristics which have been found to impact performance. In individual sessions with us, student-athletes can learn how to develop, maintain and replicate mental states which have been found to enhance their physical performances.
Performance enhancement training may include:
What might you use performance enhancement training for:
- Goal setting
- Relaxation training
- Biofeedback training
- Thought management training
- Anxiety management
- Increasing motivation
- Building confidence
- Achieving peak performance
- Overcoming performance slumps
- Performance focus management