Jan. 6, 2013
Final Stats |
KANSAS 69, TEMPLE 62
JAN. 6, 2013
KANSAS STARTERS (Career/Season):
C Jeff Withey (53/13); G Elijah Johnson (59/13); G Ben McLemore (13/13); F Travis Releford (55/13); F Kevin Young (10/10)
SERIES INFO: Kansas leads 8-3
• Made Kansas 12-1 on the season.
• Gave Kansas a 12-1 or better record for the third time in the last four seasons and the fifth time in the Bill Self era.
• Marks KU's 11th-straight victory.
• Gave Kansas its 63rd-straight win against non-conference competition at Allen Fieldhouse.
• Extended KU's homecourt winning streak to 30 games. • Made Kansas 690-107 all-time in the Allen Fieldhouse, including 153-7 under head coach Bill Self.
• Improved Bill Self to 281-54 while at Kansas and 488-159 in his career.
• Moved KU to 2,082-807 all-time.
• The Jayhawks scored 69 points, which marked its fewest scored in a game since Nov. 15, when KU also scored 69 against Chattanooga.
• Kansas connected on 16-of-18 free throws in the game for an 88.9 percentage. It marked the Jayhawks' second-highest percentage of the year (90.9 vs. Washington State).
• The Jayhawks plus-14 margin in rebounding (46-32) was its second-best of the season. KU was plus-20 in rebounding margin against Richmond (12/18).
• KU's 35 defensive boards matched a season high (35 vs. SEMO, 11/9).
• Kansas held Temple to a season-low 30 percent shooting from the field (19-for-63). • Kansas forced just four turnovers in the game, which were the fewest since March 16, 2008, when the Jayhawks forced just four turnovers against Texas.
• KU collected just one steal in the game, marking the fewest since a March 15, 2005 game against Oklahoma State.
• Kansas' 24 total field goals matched a season low for the Jayhawks.
• Temple shot 20-for-26 from the free throw line Sunday. The Owls' 20 free throws made were the most by a Jayhawk opponent since Oklahoma State hit 25-of-29 free throws on Feb. 11, 2012.
• The Jayhawks had 12 blocked shots in the game, marking the third time this season the team has recorded double-digits in blocks. It was also KU's most blocks in a game since it swatted 16 shots against San Jose State on Nov. 26.
• Senior F Kevin Young recorded his first double-double in a Jayhawk uniform, scoring 16 points and 10 rebounds.
• The double-double was Young's first since he scored 16 points and grabbed 12 rebounds as a sophomore at Loyola Marymount on Dec. 5, 2009 against Wyoming.
• Young's 16 points matched a season high (he also has 16 against Colorado), while his 10 rebounds matched a season high (at Ohio State and Washington State).
• Young connected on all six free throws he shot, which marked his best percentage in a game and most free throws made this season.
• Senior C Jeff Withey matched a season high with 10 defensive rebounds. Withey finished the game with 11 boards total.
• Withey's nine blocks marked his second-highest total of the season and the most since he recorded 12 rejections against San Jose State on Nov. 26.
• Withey's three assists matched a career high.
• Senior G Elijah Johnson matched a career high with nine assists in the game.
Johnson had previously recorded nine dimes three other times this season, most recently on Dec. 15 against Belmont.
• Since Nov. 20, Johnson is averaging 6.4 assists per game.
• Johnson connected on one three-point basket to give him 116 for his career, which ties Brady Morningstar for 18th on KU's all-time list.
• RS Freshman G Ben McLemore scored 13 points in the game, marking his 11th time reaching double figures in 13 games.
• Senior G Travis Releford's 14 points marked his 10th-straight game scoring in double-figures.