Feb. 12, 2005
Box Score |
Recap | Box Score | Video Highlights
Kansas Postgame Notes
February 12, 2005
No. 3 Kansas 89 , Colorado 60
Kansas' Win Over Colorado....
...Makes Kansas 20-1 which is the best record since the 1996-97 season when the Jayhawks went 22-1.
...Makes the all-time series 109-39 in the Jayhawks' favor.
...Gives KU its 21st straight win over CU in Lawrence.
...Makes KU 10-0 in conference play for the first time since the 2001-02 team went 16-0 winning the Big 12 title.
...Makes KU coach Bill Self 3-0 against Colorado.
...Makes Kansas 1,001-460 all-time versus schools from the Big 12 Conference.
...Gives Self a record of 40-10 with the Jayhawks and 251-115 overall.
...Makes the team 1,845-763 all-time.
* Senior Wayne Simien's 11 first half free throws were the most by a Jayhawk since Simien himself buried 11 free throws against UAB on March 26, 2004. His 11 attempts were also the most since senior Keith Langford accomplished the same feat in the second half against Villanova on Jan. 2, 2004.
* Simien's perfect game from the line (11-for-11) marked the most free throws made without a miss in a single game since Rex Walters went 11-for-11 against Oklahoma on March 14, 1992. It also marked the most free throws in a conference game without a miss since the 1988-89 season.
* With his 25 points tonight, Simien passed Adonis Jordan and Richard Scott on KU's all-time scoring list with 1,383 points. He now sits in 20th position with 1,383 points.
* Simien has scored 20-plus points in two-straight games and four out of his last five. It marked his ninth 20 point game of the season and the 26th of his career.
* Simien (25 points, 12 rebounds) recorded his 10th double-double of the season and the 32nd of his career.
* Senior Aaron Miles (17 points) passed Charlie Black for 35th on KU's all-time scoring list with 1,091 points.
* With his nine assists, Miles passed Frank Smith of Old Dominion and Jim Les of Bradley on the NCAA all-time career assists list. He now sits in 14th place. He is one shy of Chico Fletcher of Arkansas State and two shy of Andre LaFleur of Northeastern.
* Miles shot 75 percent from the floor, which tied an individual season-high for field goal percentage in a game. He accomplished this feat twice earlier this season against Texas A&M and Pacific.
* Simien's 11 free throws were the most by a Jayhawk this season and it tied for the most attempts by a KU player this season.
* Junior Christian Moody's six offensive boards tied a season-high for the Crimson and Blue. Simien had six offensive rebounds agianst South Carolina.
* After missing six games, freshman C.J. Giles saw his first action since Jan. 19 against Nebraska.
* Colorado's 16 defensive rebounds tied an opponent season-low.
* Langford has played and scored in all 129 games since his arrival at KU.
* KU has hit at least one three-pointer in 167 straight games. Kansas last failed to hit a trey in a loss to Texas on Feb. 28, 2000.
* The Jayhawks have held their opponents under 100 points for 105 straight games. The last team hit the century mark against the `Hawks was Texas on Feb. 11, 2002.
* Prior to the game, freshman Jamie Weaver of Manhattan, Kan. won a free year's rent at Jefferson Commons for hitting a half-court shot.