Feb. 16, 2013
Final Stats |
No. 14/13 KANSAS 73, TEXAS 47
Feb. 16, 2013
KU STARTERS (Season/Career Starts): C Jeff Withey (25/65), G Elijah Johnson (25/71), G Ben McLemore (25/25), F Travis Releford (25/67), F Kevin Young (21/21)
SERIES INFO: Kansas leads 22-7
- Makes Kansas 21-4 on the season.
- Gives KU 21 wins for the 24th-consecutive season and 30th time in the last 31 seasons (starting in 1983-84).
- Makes KU 9-3 or better in conference play for the sixth-straight season.
- Makes the KU-UT series 22-7 in favor of Kansas.
- Makes Kansas' record in ESPN Gameday contests 5-3, including 4-1 in Allen Fieldhouse.
- Gives KU its eighth win against Texas in its last nine meetings.
- Makes KU 695-108 all-time in Allen Fieldhouse, including 158-8 under Bill Self.
- Improves Bill Self to 290-57 while at Kansas, 497-162 overall and 12-7 all-time against Texas, 12-5 while at KU.
- Makes KU 2,091-810 all-time.
- Kansas held Texas to 21.8 percent shooting on the night, the lowest by any Jayhawk opponent since the 1975-76 season.
- In the first half Kansas held UT scoreless from the field for 7:50, going on a 13-1 run in that span.
- Texas' five first-half field goals were the fewest KU has allowed in a half this year and the fewest since Howard only connected on five first-half field goals on Dec. 12, 2011. The last time a conference opponent had five or fewer field goals in a half was Texas Tech, who went 5-of-24 in the opening half Jan. 16, 2011.
- Texas' three assists were the fewest by a conference opponent since the 1983-84 season and fewest in a regular-season game since Ohio's three assists on Nov. 26, 2010.
- The Jayhawks were outrebounded by the Longhorns, 42-41, marking just the fourth time in 2012-13 KU was beat on the boards. KU is 3-1 in those games.
- KU saw four players score in double-figures for the second-consecutive game and eighth time this year.
- Senior C Jeff Withey scored 15 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to post his ninth double-double of the season and 15th of his career.
- With his block on Jonathan Holmes at the 17:50 in the second half, Withey passed Texas' Chris Mihm as the Big 12's all-time blocked shots leader. He tallied two blocks Saturday, which brings his career total to 265 rejections and 100 on the year.
- Withey also tallied a career-high four steals.
- Senior G Travis Releford was 71.4 percent (5-for-7) en route to a 15-point performance. He is 21-of-37 from the field (56.8 percent) in his last six contests, including 9-of-13 (69.2 percent) from three-point land in that same span.
- Freshman G Ben McLemore notched his 23rd double-figure scoring outing this season and 13th-consecutive game with 10-plus points. He's the only Jayhawk to hit double-figures in all of KU's conference games this year.
- Sophomore G Naadir Tharpe tallied his eighth game of the year with no turnovers and added three assists in 15 minutes to improve his team-leading assist-to-turnover ratio to 2.4.
- Senior G Elijah Johnson recorded four assists Saturday, which moved him from 18th to 16th on the all-time KU career assist list with 344. Johnson passed Danny Manning (342) and Jarod Haase (340) on that list.