Feb. 23, 2013
Final Stats |
KU STARTERS (Season/Career Starts): C Jeff Withey (27/67), G Elijah Johnson (27/73), G Ben McLemore (27/27), F Travis Releford (27/69), F Kevin Young (23/23)
SERIES INFO: Kansas leads 9-4
- Makes Kansas 23-4 on the season.
- Gives KU 23 wins for the 24th consecutive season and 29th time in the last 30 years.
- Gives KU 11 conference wins for the 19th straight season and 51st time overall
- Makes the KU-TCU series 5-1 in favor of Kansas
- Makes Kansas 14-1 in Allen Fieldhouse this season and 696-108 all-time
- Moves Bill Self to 149-8 in Allen Fieldhouse
- Improves Bill Self to 292-57 while at KU , 499-162 overall and 9-4 all-time against TCU, 2-1 vs. TCU at Kansas
- Makes KU 2,093-810 all-time
- KU scored their 13th point just 5:37 into the game. On Feb. 6 in Ft. Worth, KU finished the first half with 13 points.
- KU opened the game with an 18-4 lead at the 11:36 mark of the half.
- TCU was held scoreless for the final 8:37 of the first half. Kansas outscored TCU 18-0 over that span.
- The nine points that TCU scored in the first half are the lowest vs. KU since Cornell scored nine in the second half on Jan. 2, 1996.
- TCU’s first-half scoring output is the lowest for a Big 12 game in 15 years. It’s the lowest KU has ever allowed in a Big 12 game.
- TCU’s starters were held scoreless in the first half.
- TCU’s four first-half field goals were the fewest by any KU opponent since Florida Gulf Coast made three field goals in the first half of the game on November 18, 2008. The four TCU field goals in the half are the lowest KU has ever allowed in a Big 12 game.
- TCU’s 17.4 percent shooting in the first half is the third lowest by a KU opponent in Big 12 play. It’s the lowest since Oklahoma shot 16.1 percent in the first half on February 20, 1999.
- KU did not shoot any free throws in the first half. The Jayhawks went on to make their next 17 free throw attempts in the second half.
- KU’s 94.7 percent (18-of-19) free throw shooting is their highest percentage of the year.
- Kansas’ 23 points off of turnovers are the most in a Big 12 game this season for the Jayhawks.
- Senior G Elijah Johnson’s two steals gives him 104 for his career which moves him into a tie with Drew Gooden for 28th on KU’s all-time list.
- Senior C Jeff Withey’s seven field goals tied his season high.
- Withey scored in double figures for the 40th time in his career.
- Senior F Kevin Young’s eight rebounds led the team. It is the 50th time Young has tallied more than seven rebounds in a game.