Feb. 27, 2005
Kansas Postgame Notes
No. 7 Kansas 81, No. 4 Oklahoma State 79
Sunday, Feb. 27, 2005
Kansas' win over Oklahoma State...
...Makes Kansas 21-4 and gives KU 21 wins for the 16th straight season.
...Makes the series against Oklahoma State 98-50 in the Jayhawks' favor.
...Gives Kansas its 12th straight win against OSU in Allen Fieldhouse dating back to Feb. 8, 1989.
...Gives KU an 11-3 Big 12 record and puts the Jayhawks in first place in the conference race.
...Makes Kansas coach Bill Self 45-13 at KU, 252-118 overall and 2-4 all-time against Oklahoma State.
...Gives Kansas a 30-7 record in its last 37 games.
...Makes KU 1,846-766 all-time.
...Makes KU 117-28 all-time in Big 12 games.
...Makes the Jayhawks 14-1 in Allen Fieldhouse this season and 565-102 all-time.
- With his 13 points, Miles moved passed Wayne Hightower for 34th on the all-time Kansas scoring list with 1,134 points.
- Miles tied Jeff Boschee for games started in a Kansas career with 132.
- Miles played 35 minutes and passed Boschee for third on the all-time minutes played list with 4,124.
- With his 12 rebounds, senior Wayne Simien moved passed Clyde Lovellette and Dave Robisch for ninth on the all-time rebounds list with 824.
- Simen scored a career-high 32 points, which also marked a season-high by a Jayhawk.
- Simien recorded his 13th double-double of the season and the 35th of his career.
- Simien's 11 field goals made, 11 two-point field goals made, 17 two-point field goal attempts and 11 free throw attempts tied individual Jayhawk season-highs.
- Simien's streak of 34 consecutive made free throws was snapped at the 13:19 mark of the second half. His streak of 34 is the most by a Jayhawk since the 1988-89 season.
- The Jayhawks' 66 percent (31-of-47) field goal percentage marked a season-high.
- Kansas' 66 percent field goal shooting marked the highest percentage by a KU team since the Jayhawks shot 67.8 (40-of-59) on March 22, 2003 against Arizona State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
- KU's eight three point field goal attempts, 16 defensive rebounds and 23 total rebounds all marked Kansas season-lows. The Jayhawks' 13 fouls and one blocked shot each tied Kansas season-lows.
- The Jayhawks have held their opponents under 100 points for 109 straight games. The last team to score 100 points on KU was Texas on Feb. 11, 2002 in an overtime game. The last time Kansas allowed 100 points in regulation was Oklahoma on Feb. 27, 1990.
- Kansas' 16 defensive rebounds marked the fewest by a Jayhawk squad since collecting 16 against Oklahoma on March 10, 1990.
- The Jayhawks' 23 total rebounds were the fewest since KU recorded 23 total rebounds against Missouri on Jan. 19, 1991.
- KU has hit at least one three-pointer in 171 straight games. Kansas last failed to hit a long ball in a loss to Texas in 2000.
- Senior guard Keith Langford has played and scored in all of his 133 games at Kansas.
- Oklahoma State's 31 field goals and 58.5 field goal percentage marked KU opponent season-highs.
- The Cowboys' 58.5 percent field goal shooting (31-of-53) is the highest percentage by a KU opponent since Long Beach State shot 62.8 percent (27-of-43) on Jan. 25, 1993.
- The Cowboys set Kansas opponent season-lows with nine free throw attempts, six offensive rebounds, 14 defensive rebounds, 20 total rebounds and nine turnovers.
- Oklahoma State's six offensive rebounds were the fewest by a KU opponent since Nebraska collected just six offensive boards on Feb. 15, 2004.
- The Cowboys' 20 total rebounds were the fewest by a KU opponent since Iowa State managed just 20 boards on Jan. 13, 1997.
- Oklahoma State's nine turnovers were the fewest by an opponent since Texas turned the ball over seven times against KU on March 13, 2004.
- OSU's John Lucas was the fifth Kansas opponent to play 40 minutes in a regulation game this season.
- The 43 combined total rebounds by OSU and KU marked the fewest rebounds in a game by both teams since the 1988-89 season.