Kansas Postgame Notes vs. Iowa State
Feb. 27, 2008
...Made KU 25-3 on the season and 10-3 in Big 12 play.
...Gave KU 10 conference wins for the 14th-straight season and 18th time in the last 19 years.
...Made KU 33-3 in his last 36 regular season contests and 38-4 in its last 42 games.
...Gave KU a 7-3 road record this season and a 23-6 record away from Allen Fieldhouse in its last two seasons.
...Was KU's sixth-straight win against
...Improved head coach Bill Self to 130-32 while at
...Made KU 1,931-785 all-time.
· Junior Mario Chalmers upped his career scoring total to 1,573 points and passed Milt Newton (1,166 points from 1985, 87-89) for 33rd place on the all-time KU scoring list.
· Chalmers moved into a tie for third on all-time KU steals list with Danning Manning (1985-88) when collected the 250th theft of his career. He had two steals against ISU.
· Chalmers' moved into ninth place on the KU all-time 3-point field goal attempts list. His four attempts against ISU increased his career total to 372 and moved him past J.R. Giddens (369 from 2004-05) and Sean Pearson (371 from 1993-96).
· Senior Sasha Kaun notched three blocked shots to move his career total to 139. His 139 career blocks moves him to eighth on all-time KU list and past Raef LaFrentz (1995-98) and Greg Dreiling (1984-86) who each finished with 138.
· Sophomore Darrell Arthur's 12 first half points nearly matched his total scoring output from the previous two games as he totaled 12 against Colorado (8) and Oklahoma State (6). He finished the contest with 18 points.
· In addition to reasserting himself in the scoring column, Arthur also grabbed seven boards in the first half, and finished with a season-high tying 10 rebounds. In the previous nine games, Arthur eclipsed seven rebounds total in a game only once, when he posted his other 10 rebound performance against Baylor.
· Senior Russell Robinson grabbed a career-high 10 boards. His previous high was eight, on Jan 16, 2006 at
· Sophomore Sherron Collins seven points were his most since scoring 17 against Baylor four games ago.
· Junior Brandon Rush logged 37 minutes marking just the third time he played over 35 minutes in a game this season. It also tied his season-high.
· Chalmers played 36 minutes, one off his season high.
· Arthur notched 31 minutes on the court, marking only the third of the season he logged over 30.
· Arthur attempted 18 two-point field goals to establish a season-high for all KU players.
· Arthur's five offensive boards tied a season-high done for a KU player, done four other times this season.
· Robinson collected nine defensive rebounds, which tied Rush and Darnell Jackson for the KU season-high.