Oct. 30, 2012
Box Score |
- Makes Kansas 60-9 all-time in exhibition games.
- Extends KU's home exhibition winning streak to 37 games, dating back to the 1994-95 season.
- Improves the Jayhawks to 14-3 all-time against Emporia State, including 6-0 in exhibition games.
- Moves Head Coach Bill Self to 28-2 in exhibition play while at KU.
- Improves the Jayhawks to 51-4 in exhibition games at Allen Fieldhouse.
- Makes Bill Self 19-0 in home exhibition games while at KU.
- The Jayhawks' 88 points are the most they've scored in an exhibition this season.
- KU's 23 assists were the most in an exhibition game since Nov. 3, 2009, when the Jayhawks collected 24 dimes against Fort Hays State.
- The Jayhawks had four players in double figures. This marked the third time in KU's five exhibition games that the Jayhawks have had as many as four players score more than 10 points.
- KU's 54.4 percent shooting from the field was its highest in five exhibition games, while Emporia State's 35.8 percentage was the lowest by a Jayhawk opponent this year.
- Kansas trailed by as many as six early, but went on a 19-1 run during a five-minute stretch of the first half to open up a 31-15 lead.
- During that stretch, KU made 8-of-10 shots, including three three-point baskets.
- KU outscored Emporia State 30-7 over the final 12 minutes of the first half.
- Freshman Perry Ellis' 15 points were the most he's scored in an exhibition game this season. He was 5-for-5 from the field and 5-for-7 from the foul line.
- Ellis has shot 22-of-31 in his five exhibition games, which totals 71.0 percent.
- Redshirt freshman Ben McLemore's 11 points were his highest total of the exhibition season.
- Freshman Landon Lucas' nine rebounds were his exhibition season high.
- Senior G Elijah Johnson's five assists would be his highest total since the NCAA Tournament game against North Carolina.