Nov. 11, 2011
Final Stats |
KANSAS 100, TOWSON 54
Nov. 11, 2011
JAYHAWK DEBUTS: (G) Naadir Tharpe, (F) Justin Wesley, (F) Kevin Young, (G) Christian Garrett, (G) Merv Lindsay and (F) Anthony West
· Marked the 10th-straight year KU won its season opener.
· Gave the Jayhawks 20 wins in their last 21 season-opening games.
· Marked Kansas’ 39th-straight home-opening win.
· Marked KU’s 43rd consecutive home victory against a non-conference opponent.
· Improved Bill Self to 238-46 at Kansas and 445-151 overall.
· Improved KU to 2,039-799 all-time.
· Gave Kansas an all-time record of 668-107 in Allen Fieldhouse, including 130-7 under Bill Self.
· Made the Jayhawks 2-0 against Towson and 3-1 all-time against current members of the CAA.
· Kansas scored 100 points for the first time since scoring 103 against Missouri Feb. 7, 2011. It marked the 105th time KU scored at least 100 points in a game and the 12th time under Bill Self.
· KU scored 100 points in their season-opener for the third consecutive season.
· Kansas scored 53 points in the first half. The Jayhawks scored at least 50 points in the first half five times last season.
· KU’s 53 points marked its most in any half since scoring 57 points in the second half against Missouri on Feb. 7, 2011.
· Kansas shot 65.6 percent from the field in the first half, its highest field goal percentage for a single half since the team shot 70.8 percent in the first half at Oklahoma on Feb. 26, 2011.
· KU’s bench outscored the Towson bench 38-5.
· Six Jayhawks scored double-figures in the game, the first time KU accomplished that since the Big 12 Championship Game against Texas on March 12, 2011.
· Kansas had 30 assists in the game compared to only five turnovers for a 6.0 assist-to-turnover ratio. The 30 assists marked the most by the Jayhawks since they had 32 against UNC-Asheville on Jan. 2, 2003.
· The Jayhawks’ five turnovers were their fewest since they committed five against North Dakota State in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on March 20, 2009.
· KU opened up a 29-7 lead in the first half with a 19-2 run over a span of 4:20.
· Junior F Thomas Robinson earned his sixth career double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
· Junior G Travis Releford scored a career-high 14 points.
· Senior G Conner Teahan recorded a career-high 11 points and made three three-pointers in a game for the third time in his career.
· Junior C Jeff Withey registered a career-high 10 points.
· Freshman G Naadir Tharpe, junior F Kevin Young and Justin Wesley combined to shoot 7-for-7 from the field, including a three-pointer by Tharpe, in the first half of their Jayhawk debuts.
· Junior G Elijah Johnson had eight assists, which was his most since a career-high nine against Alcorn State Dec. 2, 2009.