Dec. 24, 2008
Kansas Postgame Notes
Kansas' loss to Arizona...
... Dropped Kansas to 8-3 on the season
... Made the all-time record 7-4 between Kansas and Arizona.
... Made Kansas 1-1 in the Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series with both contests against Arizona.
... Made Kansas 1,951-788 all-time.
- Kansas' 17-point deficit was its largest since it lost by 25 points (80-55) at Texas on Feb. 25, 2006 and its largest nonconference loss since falling behind 83-62 to Villa Nova on Jan. 22, 2005.
- Arizona shot 46.0 percent from the field as KU has now held 119 of its last 123 opponents to below 50 percent.
- Arizona held out-shot Kansas from the free throw line making 23-of-29 attempts while Kansas was 14-for-21.
- The Jayhawks pulled down a season low 29 rebounds and no blocked shots.
- Kansas held Arizona's leading scorer Chase Budinger, who averages just over 19 points per game, to just five points during the contest.
- Collins picked up his 11th straight game of double digit points scoring a game-high 16 points. It marked the ninth time this season he has led the team in scoring. Collins was also one three-pointer shy of his career mark hitting three treys on the night.
- Tyshawn Taylor matched a career best with two three-pointers made.
- Markieff Morris made his third start of season and finished with a personal-best four assists and one point shy of his career high with seven. He also tied career bests making three baskets and grabbing three steals, while pulling down a team-high seven rebounds. It is the second time this year Markieff has led the team in rebounds.
- Brady Morningstar recorded two three-pointers for his second straight outing with multiple treys and third time in the last four games. Morningstar also grabbed five rebounds, the most since pulling down a career-best seven against Coppin State earlier this season on Nov. 28.
- Marcus Morris finished with 12 points, his fifth outing of 10 or more points this season. He also was perfect from the charity stripe for the second time this year making all four of his attempts.
- Cole Aldrich finished with 10 points as he has scored double figure points in every game so far this season. Aldrich was 6-for-10 from the free throw line, one shy of his personal best seven made free throws.