Oct. 20, 2012
Recap | Photo Gallery
OKLAHOMA 52, KANSAS 7
OCT. 20, 2012 – NORMAN, OKLA.
- Kansas is now 27-70-6 against Oklahoma all-time.
- Attendance: 84,532 – season high for a KU game.
CAPTAINS: Dayne Crist (QB), Tanner Hawkinson (OT), Toben Opurum (DE/LB), Darius Willis (LB)
FIRST TIME STARTERS: Michael Cummings (QB), Brandon Bourbon (FB)
- Kansas received the opening kickoff for the first time since the South Dakota State game.
- Redshirt freshman Dylan Admire entered the game in the first quarter, seeing his first action at center in his career.
- Junior HB James Sims gained 102 yards, which moves him into 13th place in all-time rushing yards at KU with 1,915 in his career, passing Norris Banks (1,862).
- Sims' 102-yard effort was his third-straight game of rushing for over 100 yards and the eighth of his career. His eight 100-yard games moves him into a tie for seventh all-time at KU with Jake Sharp.
- Sims scored his fifth touchdown of the year in the fourth quarter, giving him at least one in every game he has played this season.
- In the third quarter Sims caught a 51-yard pass from Michael Cummings. It marked the longest reception of Sims’ career and longest completion of Cummings’ career.
- Junior WR Chris Omigie collected his first catch since the TCU game in the second quarter.
- Junior HB Taylor Cox attempted a halfback pass in the third quarter, marking the first of his KU career.
- Freshman LB Jake Love recorded his first career pass breakup in the second quarter.
- Sophomore CB JaCorey Shepherd recorded his first tackle and first pass breakup in the game.
- Redshirt freshman Ben Goodman recorded his first career sack, forcing intentional grounding in the third quarter. It was KU’s first sack since the TCU game.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
- Oklahoma’s punt return and kickoff return touchdowns marked the first time that a KU opponent has recorded two special teams’ touchdowns in a game since 2005 (at Colorado).
- It also marked the first time that OU had a punt return and a kickoff return touchdown in the same game.
- Sophomore CB JaCorey Shepherd recorded his first career kick return for 12 yards in the second quarter. He also had an 18-yard return later in the quarter.
- Freshman Tre' Parmalee recorded 100 yards in kick returns, which set a career high.