Kansas Postgame Notes vs. Missouri
Nov. 25, 2006
- Sophomore Marcus Herford's 158 kickoff return yards against
- Senior RB Jon Cornish became the all-time single season leading rusher in KU history on a nine yard run on KU's last drive of the third quarter. Cornish's 126 yards against the Tigers moved his career total to 1,457 yards, moving him past June Henley (1,349 yards in 1996) and Tony Sands (1,442 in 1991).
- Cornish's 42-yard touchdown run in the first quarter was his second-longest of the season - his longest since a 69-yard rushing score against
- Cornish recorded his eighth 100-yard rushing game of the season, which tied Tony Sands for the KU single season record. Sands posted eight 100-yard rushing games in 1991. The total places Cornish sixth on the KU career list.
- Cornish moved into 12th place on the KU career all-purpose yards list, with a total of 2,604 yards.
- KU did not allow a first quarter rushing touchdown by an opponent in the 2006 regular season.
- Sophomore Aqib Talib hauled in his first career catch as a wide receiver and ran it in 42 yards for a touchdown in the third quarter.
- Freshman QB Kerry Meier's 42-yard touchdown pass to Talib was his 13th TD pass of the season, extending his KU freshman record. It was the sixth different receiver to catch a touchdown pass from Meier.
- Sophomore WR Dexton Fields hauled in three catches to move his season total to 45 grabs which places him in 12th place on the KU single season list. Senior WR Brian Murph hauled in one reception to move his season total to 43 catches which places him 14th.
- Sophomore LB Joe Mortensen recorded a career-high 12 total tackles.
- Talib, who entered the game as the nation's leader in pass break ups, deflected four passes against the Tigers to move his season total to 22.
- Senior OL Bob Whitaker started his team-best 48th straight game which ranks among the longest streaks in the nation. It stands as the longest starting streak in KU history.