Student Athlete Development
Our goal is to make a positive impact on student-athletes by exposing them to and educating them on life skills through educational programming and community outreach activities that will help them succeed on campus and after graduation.
- Commitment to Personal Development
Identify core topics/critical issues that our student-athletes face, and address these issues through:
- Holding educational seminars led by presenters of the highest caliber. Both on-campus and national presenters will be consulted.
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) - all KU student-athletes will have the opportunity to participate in this group comprised of student-athlete leaders from each of the 16 teams. SAAC provides an opportunity to act as a liaison between student-athletes and administration, while providing input and feedback on rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes.
- LA&S 292 Life Skills for Intercollegiate Athletics class designed to educate incoming student-athletes on the transition to university life.
- Commitment to Service
Provide student-athletes with quality volunteer opportunities so that they may give back to the Lawrence and surrounding communities. As a volunteer, KU student-athletes will represent their teams, the athletic department and the University of Kansas. Participants will gain leadership through service while providing a positive influence in the community.
- Commitment to Career Development
To encourage the student-athlete to develop and pursue career and life goals.
Career development education led by Student Support Services staff in concert with the University Career Center.