Jan. 3, 2006
Kansas Postgame Notes
Kansas 70, No. 23 Texas 61
January 3, 2006
Kansas' win against No. 23 Texas
... Extends Kansas' school record to open the season to 12-0. KU is 12-0 at home this season.
... Gives Kansas its first 12-game winning streak in the history of the program.
... Gives KU its first conference opening win since the 1999-2000 season, snapping a five game losing skid.
... Snaps a six-game losing streak to Texas and makes the series 10-6 in favor of UT. The previous KU win against Texas was Feb. 3, 2001.
... Gives Kansas its first win against a ranked opponent since a Feb. 17, 2001 - a 69-61 win over then-No. 6 Iowa State in Lawrence.
... Snaps a 36-game KU losing streak against ranked foes.
... Improves Bonnie Henrickson to 24-16 while at Kansas and 181-79 overall.
... Makes Kansas one of six teams nationally that is still undefeated in 2005-06.
... Makes KU 621-414 all time.
· Tonight's attendance of 5,634 was a season high for Kansas and the ninth highest for a KU women's game in Allen Fieldhouse. It marked the most in the facility for a women's basketball game since 11,858 against Kansas State on Feb. 17, 2002.
· Senior Crystal Kemp's three-point field goal in the first half was her first of the season and sixth in her career.
· Kemp has scored 20 points or more in each of her last three games, five of her last six outings and 19 times for her career. Additionally, she has reached double figures in all 12 games this season and 67 times in her career.
· Kemp's registered her fourth double-double of the season and 21st of her career.
· Kemp has played 40 or more minutes in two straight games and five times this season.
· Senior Kaylee Brown made three three-point field goals tonight. Brown moved into sixth on the KU all-time three-point field goals made list with 73. She passed Kay Kay Hart's 71 set from 1989-92.
· Brown's 15 points were the most since she scored 16 against Florida International on Dec. 18. Brown has scored in double figures in nine games this season.
· Brown has played 40 minutes in two games this season, including tonight.
· Senior Erica Hallman has made at least one three-point field goal in her 10 games played this season. Her three three-pointers tonight were the most for Hallman since she had five three-pointers against Wisconsin. Hallman ranks third on KU's all-time three-point field goals made list with 391.
· Hallman has scored in double figures in nine games this season and 44 times in her career.
· Tonight marked the fourth time this season and 31st time in Hallman's career she recorded five or more assists.
· Freshman Ivana Catic had five assists in each of her last three games and has recorded at least three assists in every game this season.
· KU tied its season high for three-point field goals attempted with 20 tonight. It also attempted 20 against Wisconsin.
· Kansas has held seven opponents to 61 points or less this season.
· KU set a season low with no blocked shots tonight.