Kansas Postgame Notes vs. Oklahoma State
Jan. 22, 2006
Kansas 66, Oklahoma State 46 Jan. 22, 2006 · Allen Fieldhouse · Lawrence, Kan. ... Makes the Jayhawks 13-3 to start the season. ... Gives Kansas a 2-3 record in Big 12 play. ... Gives the Jayhawks their 13th win, the most since the 1999-00 season.
Kansas 66, Oklahoma State 46
Jan. 22, 2006 · Allen Fieldhouse · Lawrence, Kan.
... Makes the Jayhawks 13-3 to start the season.
... Gives Kansas a 2-3 record in Big 12 play.
... Gives the Jayhawks their 13th win, the most since the 1999-00 season.
... Makes the Jayhawks 13-1 at home this season.
... Improves head coach Bonnie Henrickson's record to 25-19 at KU and 183-81 in her career.
... Makes Kansas 622-417 all-time.
· With her 25 points and 13 rebounds, senior Crystal Kemp now sits just two points shy of becoming only the seventh player in KU history to compile 1,400 points and 700 rebounds.
· Kemp also vaulted into 10th place on the Jayhawks' career scoring list with her 25 points, giving her 1,398 in her career, passing Jaclyn Johnson and Lisa Braddy.
· Sunday's game also marked Kemp's sixth double-double of the season and 23rd of her career. She also recorded her ninth 20-plus point outing of the season.
· Senior Erica Hallman moved into sole possession of third place on KU's all-time assists chart with her seven dimes, giving her 397 for her career. She moved passed Jennifer Jackson, who finished her career with 390 helpers.
· At the 12:55 mark in the second half, Hallman moved into second place on Kansas' career three pointers made list, passing former KU great Charisse Sampson. Her four treys in the game upped her total to 158 for her career.
· Hallman also moved into second place all-time on Kansas' career three-point attempts with her six tries on Sunday.
· Sunday marked Hallman's 11th double-figure scoring game of the season.
· After Oklahoma State jumped out to an early 15-7 lead, Kansas responded with runs of 11-0 and later 23-6 to take a commanding 23-point lead early in the second half.
· The Cowgirls' 21 first-half points were the fewest given up by KU this season.
· Kansas held OSU without a field goal for a combined 11 minutes from the 3:37 mark of the first half until the 12:37 mark in the second frame.
· OSU's 46 points were the fewest given up by KU this season.
· Oklahoma State's 17 field goals made tied a KU opponent season low.
· Kansas' 91.7 (11-12) free-throw percentage was a season high.
· Freshman Taylor McIntosh was held scoreless for the first time this season and her two field goal attempts tied a season low.
· Kansas' four steals tied a season low.
· Kemp's nine free throws made tied a season high. Her perfect nine-for-nine shooting from the line marked the fourth time this season she has been flawless from the charity stripe.
· Sunday marked the third time this season that Kansas has won a game by 20 or more points.
· Freshman Ivana Catic's 11 points marked her 10th double-figure scoring game of the season.