Jan. 23, 2013
• Improved the Jayhawks record to 12-5 overall, 3-3 in the Big 12 and gave the Jayhawks their largest margin of victory (38) against a Big 12 team. The previous high was 30 points when KU defeated Baylor, 79-49, Jan. 11, 1997.
• Brought head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s Kansas record to 150-126 (9th season) and her career record to 308-188 (16th season).
• Recorded Henrickson’s largest margin of victory (38) in a Big 12 game. Her previous high was 28 points when the Jayhawks defeated Colorado Feb. 2, 2011.
• Moved the Jayhawk’s all-time record to 747-524.
• Gave KU a 10-1 record while playing in Allen Fieldhouse this season and increased its record to 6-5 against Texas at home. The Jayhawks are now 10-14 against the Longhorns, Henrickson improved to 5-5 and currently has a three-game winning streak against UT.
• 11th fewest amount of points allowed in KU history
• Kansas started the game with a 19-4 run at the 19:41 mark lasting 9:48.
• The Jayhawks have three players (Davis, Engelman and Goodrich) on the team who have scored more than 1,000 career points.
• KU allowed the fewest amount of points in a half in Kansas Big 12 history (12). The previous low was against Missouri, who scored 15 in the first half on Feb. 5, 2005.
• In the first half, Kansas’ defense held Texas to 12 points, while the Longhorns had five more turnovers than points (17).
• The Jayhawks held their largest halftime lead, 46-12, this season.
• Kansas’ defense forced the most turnovers (28) by a Big 12 opponent since Jan. 27, 1998 when Texas A&M committed 28. It is also the most turnovers any Big 12 team has had this season.
• Kansas scored a season high 29 points off of turnovers.
• Tonight’s game marked the first time this season that six different KU players connected on a three-point field goal in the same game (Boyd, Goodrich, Engelman, Harper, Hawkins and Knight).
• The team finished with the eighth-most three-point shots made in KU history, tallying 10 from beyond the arc and tying for second-most scored in KU history against a Big 12 team.
• All 10 Jayhawks scored at least one basket for the first time this season.
• Senior guard Angel Goodrich scored her 1,000th career point on a three-point field goal with 9:52 remaining in the first period and led her team with 20 points. This is the 11th time she posted 20+ points in her career and the second time this season she finished with five three-point baskets (Arkansas 12-6-12). Goodrich also dished out six assists and led her team in this category for the 15th time this season.
• Senior forward Carolyn Davis chipped 16 of her 18 points before halftime.
• Senior guard Monica Engelman scored 11 points for the Jayhawks, just one short of her season high (12).
• Sophomore forward Chelsea Gardner surpassed her previous career high of two steals, leading the team with six steals. She also led the Jayhawks on the glass with seven rebounds.
• Junior guard Markisha Hawkins posted a KU career high with three points and scored her first KU three-point basket. This was Hawkins’ first action since the Jayhawks hosted Newman seven games ago (12-9-12).