Jan. 26, 2013
KANSAS STARTERS (CAREER/SEASON): Angel Goodrich (94/18), Monica Engelman (86/18), Chelsea Gardner (13/3), Carolyn Davis (88/18) and Natalie Knight (52/18).
- Dropped the Jayhawks record to 12-6 overall, 3-4 in the Big 12.
- Brought head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s Kansas record to 150-127 (9th season) and her career record to 308-189 (16th season).
- Moved the Jayhawk’s all-time record to 747-525.
- Gave KU a 10-2 record this season in Allen Fieldhouse, while the Jayhawks record fell to 13-11 against Oklahoma State at home. Kansas is now 31-27 against the Cowgirls, Henrickson moved to 5-9 and OSU continued its three game-winning streak versus Kansas.
- At the 4:19 mark in the opening period, OSU went on a 7-0 run to go up 30-22, but 3:12 later KU, responded with a 5-0 run to close the half, 30-27.
- Within the first half, there were nine lead changes, the most in any KU game this season, and OSU held the largest lead of eight points with 1:45 remaining in the first period.
- When KU traveled to Stillwater, Okla. on Jan. 8, OSU’s Liz Donahoe scored 24 points, her season high. In Allen Fieldhouse the Jayhawk defense held her scoreless in the opening half and only allowed her to score four points in the second. Natalie Knight’s game was also very different, she scored seven of her 12 points before halftime after being held scoreless in Stillwater.
- The Kansas bench was outscored for the first time in seven games by its opponent’s bench, 12-2. In the teams’ first meeting, KU’s bench outscored OSU’s bench 23-6. The Jayhawks have outscored their opponents' 349-237 this season, averaging 20.4 points per game.
- The Cowgirls grabbed 12 of their 15 offensive boards in the second half, while the Jayhawks posted eight on the night.
- Kansas has trailed at halftime in seven of its past eight games, coming back to victory in only two.
- Senior guard Angel Goodrich chipped in 10 points for the Jayhawks, while adding six rebounds and leading the team with six assists. Goodrich had two steals and needs just one more theft to have 200 career steals and become the 10th Jayhawk to achieve this milestone.
- Senior forward Carolyn Davis became the ninth Jayhawk to score more than 1,568 points, finishing with 12, and posted double-digits for the 10th-consecutive game.
- Sophomore forward Chelsea Gardner led the team with 14 points and nine rebounds. She has led the team in rebounding in six of the last eight contests.