Postgame Notes: Alabama A&M
Nov. 23, 2012
Kansas 76, Alabama A&M 59
Nov. 23, 2012
KANSAS STARTERS (CAREER/SEASON):
• Angel Goodrich (80-4), Tania Jackson (13-2), Monica Engelman (72-4), Carolyn Davis (74-4) and Natalie Knight (38-4).
• Gives the Jayhawks a 4-0 record on the season.
• Improves head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s record at KU (9th season) to 142-121 and her career record to 300-183 (16th season).
• Gives KU its first victory against Alabama A&M in program history, making the Jayhawks 1-0 against the Bulldogs.
• Extends its regular season non-conference home winning streak to 47 games, which dates back to Dec. 31, 2006.
• Gives Kansas a 4-0 start for the fourth time in the last five seasons, including three straight.
• Improves the Jayhawks’ all-time record to 739-519.
• Improves KU’s all-time non-conference record to 319-147.
• Improves Kansas’ all-time home record to 301-210.
• After missing its first basket of the contest, Kansas went on a 9-2 run over the first 2:50 of the first half.
• Kansas scored 40 points in the first half, which is the highest total the Jayhawks have accumulated in the first half this
• KU finished the game with 76 points, also a season-high.
• The Jayhawks’ defense surrendered 31 first-half points, which is the highest total an opponent has scored in the first-half
• Alabama A&M finished the contest with 59 points, the most points the Jayhawks have allowed in a game this season.
• KU shot 50 percent (16-32) in the first half, which is the highest percentage the Jayhawks have shot in the first half this
• The Jayhawks are now 115-27 under Henrickson when leading at halftime.
• KU dished out a season-high 20 assists as a team against the Bulldogs, surpassing the previous team high of 16 set
against SE Missouri State (11/14/12).
• Kansas allowed 59 points, making it 122-67 under Henrickson when surrendering fewer than 70 points.
• KU outrebounded the Bulldogs 49-23, making the Jayhawks 98-39 under Henrickson when outrebounding an opponent.
• Henrickson recorded her 300th career win in the contest, making her 300-183 in 16 seasons at the helm of a program.
• Senior forward Carolyn Davis scored 19 points in the contest, giving her 1,388 for her career. The total moved her
into 12th place on KU’s all-time scoring list ahead of Lisa Braddy (1,387).
• Senior guard Angel Goodrich tied a season high with eight assists. This is the 66th time she has dished out at least
five assists in a game for her career. KU has won 46 of those games.
• Goodrich scored 15 points, which marked the 41st game of her career in which she has reached double figures.
• Sophomore guard Asia Boyd contributed a season-high seven points.
• Senior guard Monica Engelman finished the game with a season-high five assists.
• Freshman guard Lamaria Cole saw her first game action in the Crimson and Blue, recording two minutes and an assist in her debut.