28th Annual Late Night in the Phog Set for Oct. 12
Oct. 3, 2012
LAWRENCE, Kan. - The University of Kansas men’s and women’s basketball teams will celebrate the beginning of the 2012-13 season at the 28th annual Late Night in the Phog Friday, Oct. 12, in Allen Fieldhouse.
The 2012 Late Night in the Phog, presented by Hy-Vee, will run from 6:30 p.m. to approximately 9:30 p.m. Admission is free; doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Seating will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Children 12 and under will not be admitted without an adult, and the Fieldhouse doors will be closed when the arena reaches capacity.
With school in session, all university parking lots will be by restricted by permit only until 4:30 p.m. Public parking prior to 4:30 p.m. is available in the parking garage just north of Allen Fieldhouse with a $1.50 per hour rate.
As is tradition at Late Night, fans are encouraged to bring nonperishable food items, which Kansas Athletics will donate to “Just Food” of Douglas County.
For the sixth-straight year, Metro Sports of Kansas City will air Late Night as part of its Midnight Madness show. KU television hosts will be Nate Bukaty and former Jayhawk guard Greg Gurley. ESPNU’s Sean Farnham will be at Late Night providing live cut-ins for ESPNU’s Midnight Madness programming, which will run from 8 p.m. until midnight (Central) featuring 11 schools throughout the telecast. Additionally, KLWN Radio in Lawrence will provide coverage with Sean Levine and former KU great Bud Stallworth calling the festivities.
The event will feature music by the KU pep band, skits by both basketball teams, video highlights from KU’s award-winning Rock Chalk Video department, coach and player introductions, scrimmages by the KU men’s and women’s teams, and much more.
Requests for Sign Language Interpreting during Late Night festivities should be directed to Kim Bates at email@example.com. Requests must be submitted to Bates no later than Oct. 10.
The entire Late Night in the Phog can be seen and heard via the internet via AT&T Jayhawk All-Access, KU’s online network via KUathletics.com.
This marks the ninth consecutive year that AT&T Jayhawk All-Access will broadcast Kansas Athletics events either with video, audio or both. Fans who subscribe now to Jayhawk All-Access will see, among other events:
• Late Night in the Phog, the annual tipoff of basketball practice,
• KU’s two men’s basketball exhibition contests,
• Football Coach Charlie Weis’ post-game press conferences after home games,
• Football Coach Charlie Weis’ weekly press conferences,
• NEW THIS YEAR: Men’s basketball Coach Bill Self’s post-game press conferences after home games,
• NEW THIS YEAR: Men’s basketball Coach Bill Self’s weekly press conferences,
• NEW THIS YEAR: Live video stream of “Hawk Talk,” the football and men’s basketball coaches’ radio shows, live from the Salty Iguana in Lawrence,
• NEW THIS YEAR: Live video stream of home soccer matches
• Home volleyball matches,
• Home women’s basketball games,
• Most home baseball games, and
• The Kansas Relays.
Fans who subscribe may also listen to:
• The complete radio broadcasts of KU football and men’s basketball contests, including pre- and post-game shows and post-game interviews with the coaches, and
• Rock Chalk Sports Talk, a weekly hour-long radio show highlighting Kansas Athletics.
Kansas fans can subscribe to AT&T Jayhawk All-Access by going to www.KUAthletics.com and clicking on the AT&T Jayhawk All-Access button on the right. Jayhawk All-Access subscriptions are only $9.95 per month or $79.95 for the entire year.
KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.